ACE Training Partner
QG ACE Training Partners assist businesses to understand their own equipment/systems required to meet a CE & CE+ assessment.
QG Business Solutions Ltd are one of only three accreditation bodies contracted to GCHQ for the accreditation and certification to the new Cyber Essentials standard.
Roles and Responsibilities
For Cyber Essentials to be adopted by large numbers of businesses QG Business Solutions believe that a competitive marketplace will need to be created amongst Certification Bodies, IT Consultants, IT Implementers, IT Support Services and IT Training Providers so that they work hard to gain new customers. Therefore the following principles will apply;
- Certification Bodies, ACE Consultants , ACE Implementers, ACE Support Partners & ACE Training Partners set their own fees and product support mechanisms;
- Certification Bodies achieve approval based on their delivery quality assurance mechanisms
- Centrally defined process are kept to a minimum so as to maximise creativity, productivity, continuous improvement and competitiveness;
- Certification Bodies, ACE Consultants /Implementers/Service Partners/Training Partners carry out their own marketing campaigns alongside the national campaign carried out by CESG/GCHQ;
- The Accreditation Body assesses, monitors, moderates and manages the Certification Bodies, ACE Consultants /Implementers/Service Partners/Training Partners to ensure consistency of delivery.
- The Accreditation Body approves any deviation from the agreed operating manual including any proposed changes to the testing specification/assessment methodology.
- The Accreditation Body administers core data handling, certificate issuing and reporting to CESG
- Accredited QG Cyber Essentials Training Partners supply training to businesses who wish to implement the Cyber Essentials standard themeselves
Let’s be clear from the start you do not have to be accredited by QG to offer advice to client companies in achieving Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certification.
Now we’ve got that out of the way let’s concentrate on why you should consider becoming an QG ACE Training Provider.
QG ACE Training Partners are;
- Trained by QG Management Standards who work directly with CESG on the scheme,
- Tested to ensure they correctly understand the requirements of the scheme,
- Informed on any changes to the scheme,
- Awarded a certificate to show businesses that they know what they are talking about,
- Certified to the Cyber Essentials standard and
- Promoted by certification bodies as scheme experts
QG ACE Training Partners train employees of client businesses to be able to implement the changes needed to meet the requirements of Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials plus.
Following training delegates should be able to;
- complete the self-assessment questionnaire – comprehensively,
- create inventories,
- draw up network diagrams (to define the scope) and;
- create required documents
ACE Training Partners may call on the help of ACE Implementers to make technical changes to devices.
Scope of Certification
The ACE Training Partners Certificate belongs primarily to the sponsoring company but also the individual. If an individual leaves the sponsoring company he/she cannot take the status with them to another company. The certificate with state;
• …. Joe Bloggs of IT Training Company Ltd is certified to QG ACE Training Partner Standard.
Certificates can be changed if the new employer already has QG ACE Training Partner (conditions apply).
How to become a QG ACE Training Provider
A QG trainer will come into your business and;
- deliver one day of training focused on Cyber Essentials and your needs,
- train up to 10 employees in the standards (minimum 5) that meet the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme,
- walk delegates through a Cyber Essentials assessment of your establishment,
- test the delegates to ensure they understand their roles and the Cyber Essentials requirements,
- award individuals with their QG ACE Training Partner certificate
- award your establishment with your Cyber Essentials certificate and
- provide updates to your QG ACE Training Partners
- re-test delegates to ensure they are up to date with current practices
- renew their certificates
1. If you don’t meet the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme you will have 3 months to implement the corrective actions. In this time you will not be able to call yourselves QG ACE Training Partners.
2. You may invite other businesses to join your training as long as the total delegates do not exceed 10 people.
3. You will provide the training room and refreshments for both days
4. Your annual services will be provided on condition that your annual fee is paid in full
Assessment Guides & Questionnaires
Assessment guides and questionnaires have been created for both stage 1 and stage 2 assessments. QG ACE Training Partners are required to understand the guides thus ensuring conformance of delivery.
If you are interested in becoming a QG ACE Training Partner call 01228 631681 or email email@example.com